Molded Multi-Component Modules (MMCM) are designed for miniaturized, rugged applications. These modules can be used as a rugged system in package, an IC replacement for obsolescence or cost reduction, or high-density memory modules. Ideal for a wide range of industries including military, telecom, aerospace, automotive and high performance computing, MMCM solutions improve cost and reliability for custom applications.
MMCM products consist of bare or packaged die and passive electronic components overmolded with thermoset epoxy. The use of thermoset epoxy to encapsulate the assembly provides good protection to withstand extreme heat, vibration, shock, and moisture for applications operating in harsh environments. Overmolding also prevents chemical exposure to components and reduces stress from thermal expansion.
ISI’s innovative 3D packaging techniques provide a reliable and durable overmolded module:
- Use the latest epoxy thermoset materials
- Underfilling and overmolding process executed simultaneously
- Small particle sizes used for underfill of BGAS, flip chips, and wirebond encapsulation
- Advanced thermal analysis implemented to determine heat dissipation solution
- ISI incorporates custom designed heatsink solutions for thermal issues
- 100% automated optical inspection process checks and verifies lead true position, co-planarity, flatness, and other critical dimensions