ISI is a recognized industry leader and the world's largest volume IC manufacturer of adapter products that convert single or multiple components to almost any IC footprint. We design approximately 150 new adapters each year to help customers through semiconductor shortages, outages, FPGA EOL, FPGA PDN, etc. We can supply the adapter only, or provide a complete turn-key assembly by purchasing all the required components, solder the components to the top of the adapter, and test the completed assembly.
Some of our customers include leading electronics manufacturers such as: Agilent, BAE, Boeing, Cisco Systems, General Dynamics, Harris, Honeywell, HP, IBM, Lockheed, Lucent, Motorola, Nortel, Raytheon, Rockwell, Sun Microsystems and Tellabs.
Our adapters allow the use of a newer or more available IC without redesigning the existing motherboard.
- Adapters solve IC obsolescence issues, replace EOL FPGAs, simplify manufacturing processes, and reduce host-PCB cost
- Low-NRE designs resolve temporary sourcing issues as well as permanent component replacements
- ISI can provide the adapter board or the assembled solution including sourcing components
- In many cases new component and interposer is less expensive than original IC
- Get a quote in less than 24 hours, prototypes in two weeks and volume production in four weeks
ISI specializes in manufacturing our own module interconnect technologies. We have multiple solutions that allow the replacement module to be assembled to the motherboard with the same manufacturing process as the original IC:
- BGA: any size, pitch and alloy
- Leadframe (QFP/SOIC): FlexFrame, Etched leadframe, edge-clip leads, bumped solder pads
- Pinned packages: HiLo pin array, etched leadframe
- Socketable Interconnect: HiLo Flexible Interconnect System
Quickly convert any package style and pitch with our North American based design and manufacturing.
- In-house interconnect fabrication
- Adapter substrate design and sourcing
- Optional Overmolding available to encapsulate assembly
- Automated IC placement equipment
- Vertically integrated, high-volume manufacturing capabilities
- 100% automated optical inspection
- JTAG and electrical test capabilities
ISI modules have been qualified for use in the most rugged of electronics applications:
- Military and Commercial aircraft, flight critical applications
- Automotive and Naval
- Industrial and Medical